Spring 2021 Marketing Internship
I am looking for a Spring 2021 Marketing Intern for Katharine Marie Weddings (you can read more about my story here, and the legacy each of my brides is part of here). While this internship is focused mainly on the marketing side of a business in the wedding industry, there will be opportunities for you to gain hands on experience with wedding dress styling, wedding planning, running a brick and mortar store, along with attending networking and other events in the Upstate South Carolina area. The wedding industry is a fun and creative field in which marketing and communications play a huge role.
Katharine Marie Weddings is a one-woman bridal boutique and wedding planning company in Anderson, SC. Our mission is to ensure every bride who comes through our door whether for their dress or their wedding day is valued, seen and has a wedding day as stress free as possible. We want to ensure they feel beautiful and knowledgable while planning their wedding day.
The ideal candidate will have some of these skills and experience but also posses a strong ability to take direction as well as initiative. The more you bring to the table the better opportunity for future growth. This is an unpaid internship that will run from February 2021- May 2021. As a newer business, I cannot guarantee a full or part-time job at the end of the internship, but it is not off the table either!
Marketing Intern Job Responsibilities:
- Support marketing campaign planning and execution.
- Write copy for social media posts, promotional emails, and other marketing collateral.
- Assist in the creation of written, video, and image content for marketing channels. Yes, this means Reels, TikToks, and more!
- Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions.
- Assist in the management of website SEO.
- Take part in formal and informal training opportunities.
- Measure and report the results of marketing initiatives.
Most of this internship can be done remotely, however weekly meetings will be required either in-person or via video. The day and time will be determined based on the chosen candidate’s and my own availability. I would also love for you to attend a few in-person events with me in the Anderson and/or Greenville areas. You will be given access to training tools that will benefit you in other areas and future career opportunities.
Marketing Intern Qualifications / Skills:
- You must have your own computer
- Applied understanding of basic marketing principles
- Familiarity with major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagarm, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Comfortable with multitasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of SEO techniques and best practices a plus
- Basic photography, image and video editing, and graphic design skills a plus
Education and Experience:
It would be great for this person to have some type of marketing experience, however, seeing as my own background is not in marketing, this would be a plus, not a must.
- Bachelor’s degree or currently working towards a bachelor’s degree (in marketing, business, or a related field — a plus)
- Proficient with the use of Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Previous experience with the use of editing tools (Canva, Photoshop, Premiere Pro) and social media management tools (Later, Hootsuite, Sprout Social) a plus
I will look over your resumes and understand this is an entry level position, but please do not fill it with irrelevant experience. I remember putting every experience on my resume and having a friend in the business world say “babysitting your junior year in high school has no impact on the job this company is asking you to do”. So your resume should show me your skills and experiences that will be beneficial to my business. If you don’t have that, and are looking for a chance or a change, that is okay too! I’d rather you be open and honest about that than to fluff your resume. Trust me, I’ve been there. To get to know me and find out more about this internship, check out this video below.
Also, if you’re not fully interested in the marketing side per se, there will be opportunities to join a “strike team” in the spring and fall. This basically means, helping out at weddings with set up and tear down. It involves long days on your feet dealing with tables, chairs, linens, etc, so some light to heavy lifting is involved too. The marketing intern will be able to be on this team as well and these positions will be paid for their time at weddings as needed. Please fill out this form if you’d like to be on this team too.
How to Apply
Fill out this form to apply for the internship. Ideally this candidate will be chosen by February 8th and can attend a styled shoot in Travelers Rest on February 15th. I will let you know via email or a phone call if I would like you to come in for an interview.
Thank you for your interest and I’ll be in touch!